Just cancelled me emusic account. I've been a member since 2004. For a while I had parallel accounts and dropped $40 a month on music. Now, not so much.
Here was my open-ended reply to their exit survey:
- Your pricing really went to hell.
- Not supporting Linux out of the box with your downloader is another sad thing.
- You guys seem to push crap box sets too much any more.
- You used to deliver an amazing quality for the price paid; the deal where the big five labels or whatever really crushed your competitive edge in terms of pricing.
- I stuck with you for eight years, countless overdrafts when my account renewed but the value was there so I stuck with it anyway.
Now... not so much. And the new browsing/sampling thing is awful. Just utterly awful. I don't know how to explain how to fix it. Maybe just start over. $20 for 120 credits: that was amazing. Now $23 gets me three albums. Not the same.
The only other major issue I had that it took me a minute to think of was that they took away the ability to redownload for free tracks you had already purchased. You couldn't even download them a limited number of times like two; by the end, download one time (whether the download succeeds or not), then re-purchase.
Man, talk about a great company that blew their lead on bad decisions and not knowing what their user base really wanted. Radio stations? Yuk. But no cloud player for tracks I purchased already? Get a clue.